Friday, March 16, 2012

Matthew 12:46-50 Jesus' Mother and Brothers

One of the richest metaphors for the kingdom of God is that of a family. Our blood family holds a very special place in our hearts without a doubt, but when we decide to become a follower of Jesus, when we decide to do the will of the Father, we become brothers and sisters of one another. Also, we find within the kingdom, people who can be our mothers and fathers in a spiritual sense.

When I decided to follow Jesus, I was fourteen years old. My parents did not begin the journey of following Jesus with me. But I did not lack a family because within the church I found a father, a mother, and many brothers and sisters who nurtured me and kept me accountable. It is important to note that the main identification of the members of this family is obedience to the will of the Father. To follow Jesus is to do the will of the Father becoming a member of the family of God.

Father, help me do your will every day. Thank you for your provision of fathers and mothers and brothers and sisters in your kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment